Cellular Product Quality Engineers provide project management, product, process design/development and sustaining support for integrated circuit or semiconductor assemblies, various other electronic components, sub systems and/or completed units. Responsible for physical understanding, model prediction and enhancement of quality & reliability for advanced products, transistor, interconnect, assembly/package and testing process. Defines Si/assembly/package qualification requirement and responsible for product qualification or technology certification. Defines/develops and conducts stress tests, DFX requirements and research on individual technology components as well as integrated circuit/products. Develop cost effective production monitoring and screening schemes to ensure process is stable and products meet committed quality & reliability performance.
Responsibilities: As an Intel Quality and Reliability Engineer, you have the opportunity to work directly with process/product design and development. You're a critical player in taking a product to production ramp.
You will work with teams that own the important responsibility of ensuring the quality and reliability of wireless/cellular integrated circuits; optimizing component production; and evaluating, developing, and debugging complex test and stress methodologies.
Inside this Business Group
The candidate must possess a Masters and or PhD of Science (MS) degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Materials Science, or related field, and 3+ years' experience in Quality and/or reliability, preferably in the mobile industry. Microelectronic experience such as design, test, manufacturing and background in communication techniques and/or advanced low-power platforms (phones/tablets, wearable devices) would also be an added advantage.
1. Knowledge of thermo/mechanical aspects of IC devices, Silicon to package interactions and/or solder joint reliability.
2. Knowledge of semiconductor device physics, mechanics of materials and/or fundamental solid state physics.
3. CMOS transistor level circuit design and logic knowledge
4. CMOS fabrication process knowledge.
5. Experience in and/or knowledge of memory device functionality and usage.
6. Semiconductor packaging, mechanics of materials, solder joint reliability.
7. Reliability physics and statistics.
8. Design for Test (DFT) knowledge.
9. Design for Product Burn-in and/or HTOL stress.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- A self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Problem solving experience
- Ability to quickly become a strong contributor both as an individual contributor and as part of a highly dynamic product development team
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth