Intern position for a highly motivated self learner to be given a problem related to Linux networking performance. Expected duties include analysis of Linux C code, performance characterization, and the comparison of different network protocols & algorithms, culminating in a paper describing the findings.
Inside this Business Group
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline or equivalent
• Sound understanding of networking fundamentals at the protocol level Ethernet, IP, TCP, UDP
• Experience with programming in Linux
• Linux kernel expertise strongly desired
• Experience with virtualization using KVM also desirable