Your primary focus will be to define, enhance and support the software test automation tools and testing strategy for the Data Exchange Layer DXL product with the goal of creating a robust, reliable and repeatable process that finds issues early and enables continuous product delivery. You should have a passion for defining and proactively leading the functional, performance, scalability and deployment testing tools and strategies, building lasting test designs and being a partner in the design of product components. You will work within a Scrum environment to design, develop and test the Data Exchange Layer DXL, a near real-time messaging fabric that is used by Intel Security, partners and the security industry to share real-time security context between different security products on millions of systems, tablets and smart phones. In this role you will drive the DXL automated product testing strategy and work with the DXL development team to create automated tests with the goal of producing high quality, ready to ship products as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Make good things happen by ensuring the quality of every DXL release.
- Define and improve the test automation code, process, tools and strategy used for functional, performance, scale and continuous delivery testing.
- Work closely with test automation engineers to create/improve tests and increase product feature and code coverage.
- Work with the engineering team to review product code changes, develop feature test plans and test suites, peer review automation code, and oversee execution of manual and automated testing in accordance with the test plan.
- Manage the execution of the quality strategy, monitor/report quality metrics, project quality status and progress to the team and business leaders.
- Estimate project testing scope and effort in order to deliver projects on schedule.
- Collaborate with DXL and other product team members on quality best practices including end-to-end integration, compatibility, performance/scale testing and process improvements.
Inside this Business Group
- 5+ years' experience designing and implementing automation for white box testing including the use of tools for functional, performance and scale testing.
- 2+ years' experience proactively leading and mentoring teams on designing and implementing test automation and testing strategies.
- Strong Python programming experience highly desired.- Strong programming experience with Java, C++ or other language is required.
- Must have strong quality assurance technical skills and experience including: knowledge of multiple operating systems including Windows, Linux, Mac OSX web applications, databases, networking, test planning, test cases, feature testing, performance testing and bug tracking.
- Experience working with at least two different test automation frameworks highly desired.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
The Intel Security Group combines employees from McAfee and Intel – people with security expertise in hardware, software, and solutions into one business unit focused on building hardware, software, services and end-to-end security solutions. Intel Security Group sets the stage for new levels of collaboration and innovation and will drive leadership in the industry by providing ubiquitous security and identity protection for people and businesses worldwide.