The Graphics Software Engineer is a member of the Visual and Parallel Computing Group VPG Simulator team. This role is responsible for hardware modeling of graphics projects. We design and develop C++ pipelines that model 3D/Display/Media technology and new algorithms used in Intel's chips. This role may work on spec definition and algorithm development along with architects, micro-architects, and Design Engineers, own the software design and validation units and tools, and support RTL validation. This model is the primary reference for graphics and media hardware validation, both pre and post-silicon, and it's also used by the graphics driver team for driver debug and development.
Inside this Business Group
Required Skills/Experience (Must Have)
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related field of study (Masters Degree preferred)
- Strong experience with C/C++ development and validation
- Knowledge of computer architecture
Preferred Skills/Experience (Nice to Have)
- Knowledge with both Software and Hardware
- Experience with computer Graphics
- Prior experience 3D graphics
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.