Responsibilities & Duties:
Intel Sports is changing the game for a new generation of athletes and fans – you might’ve seen our work at some of the biggest NFL and NBA venues. We're about performance and innovation as a team - in the lab and on game day. We're a nimble, collaborative start up with the can't-miss backing of one of the world's largest technology companies on our team - Intel Corporation. With that starting lineup we push the limits of what's possible. Our team breaks the boundaries of sports, technology, and human perception. We see the limit and push past it. Will YOU join our team? Will YOU Push Tech to the Limits?
We’re looking for a software engineer to manage a software quality assurance function to ultimately create a best-in-class virtual reality experience for sports leagues, such as the NFL and NBA.
· Develops quality standards for products and oversee the development and execution of software test plans and analysis of test results
· Provides guidance in the preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages and systems, computational software, and related technology.
· Oversee the integration of computers in the overall functions of scientific computation, data acquisition transmission, and processing.
· Manage the lifecycle of production tools for virtual reality.
· Bridge any gaps between production engineers, software engineers and test engineers.
· Ensures solutions are field-ready and provide quality improvement recommendations to management.
Inside this Business Group
Qualifications & Experience:
· BS in Computer Science with 4+ years of experience
· C++/C programming skills
· Able to own and manage field-ready release
· Understands both the production workflow and development effort.
· Able to communicate clearly and work in a team-oriented environment
· Able to meet real-time demands
· Knowledge of video/audio fundamentals
· Experience validating production software and hardware.
· Experience with sports technologies, software technologies and media content
· Understanding or experience with Virtual Reality concepts
· Understand code management and release lifecycles
Intel Labs, the New Business Initiatives group (NBI), the Perceptual Computing Group and the New Devices Group (NDG). Additionally, New Devices Group and the New Business Initiatives group were combined into the New Business Group (NBG) which nests into NTG.