Our goal at Intel Security is be the #1 security provider in the industry by providing products and solutions which will protect over 80% of the global 2000 by 2018. At Intel Security, we are focused on evolving our common management platform as we strive to build integrated and connected security solutions. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager responsible for the end-to-end product life cycle management of the management platform (EPO).
This is a key role in will be responsible for collaborating across the product portfolio to evolve and maintain the management platform for integrated manageability. This requires a motivated product manager with hands-on security experience to serve as the “CEO” of our management platform. In this role, you will have opportunities to conceive and bring to market enhancements to increase NPS and solution adoption for the worlds’ leading Global 2000 companies. You will strive for win-win balancing current solution needs with long term business vision and strategy, evangelizing the corporate vision along the way.
As Product Manager, you will contribute to the overall product line strategy and the individual product roadmaps. You will develop product concepts and define detailed requirements for current and future product offerings, and own the product lifecycle from idea, to validation, to requirements, through end-of-life. This role also requires researching competitors' products, assessing competitive advantages and determining what product features and functionality shall be built.
We are seeking a candidate with a vibrant personality with passion/pride in products that she/he manages. A dynamic person with the ability to jump in, take ownership and drive to completion in a timely manner.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders across the product portfolio to gather feedback/requirements to increase NPS and accelerate end point solution adoption; Write clear and detailed full stack requirements to successfully execute and launch the above
• Employ security industry and technology best practices in defining, detailing and launching management platform features; Strive for efficiency and timely execution
• Team-up with engineering to follow agile scrum methodology in writing requirements, participating in scrums, planning, demos etc.
• Understand the customer pain points, usage patterns; Master the management platform architecture; Strive to be EPO product and technology expert.
• Partner with engineering to make architectural choices aimed towards reusability; Help make technology tradeoffs and navigate build vs buy decisions based on business need;
• Strive for win-win to balance current customer needs with long term vision and strategy; Analyze business data to build a compelling business case for new features, releases, patches to ensure customer adoption
• Analyze the customer and market needs for Enterprise & Government market segments; Make tradeoffs and write detailed requirements catering to these segments and prioritize appropriately.
• Continuously update knowledge on security trends, market trends, and customer needs to improve management platform on an ongoing basis; Employ Competitive Intelligence in all decisions to ensure management platform’s leadership.
• Own technical interactions and presentations with internal & stakeholders; Build strong collaboration with engineering, sales and support. Articulate and convince internal stakeholders of the importance of building the "what" based on market needs and “why”; Be impactful in evangelizing and upselling the management platform to customers.
• Partner with SE's to present at technical conferences and user group meetings; Ensure a solid understand of cloud technologies, infrastructure, IT Admin needs, enterprise security market.
• Contribute actively towards roadmap planning, customer/sales presentations, customer visits, Conferences etc.
Inside this Business Group
• 8+ years of total industry experience
• 5+ years product management experience preferably in manageability of complex systems, catering to enterprise customers
• Solid experience within enterprise security industry; Solid experience managing end point protection platforms, enterprise data loss prevention products/solutions, security management platforms is highly desired
• A robust understanding of customer use cases, deployment architectures, and pain points.
• Solid understanding of product management processes, experience in agile scrum methodology, prioritize requirements, perform competitive analysis, develop business cases, etc.
• Must be an articulate communicator, comfortable working with a wide variety of corporate executives, sales, marketing, engineering, operations, customers and business partners.
• Team player with excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in Private Cloud, Public Cloud, SaaS/PaaS/IaaS desirable
• A BS or equivalent degree in a technical discipline is highly desirable. BS in CS/EE and/or MBA preferred
The Intel Security Group combines employees from McAfee and Intel – people with security expertise in hardware, software, and solutions into one business unit focused on building hardware, software, services and end-to-end security solutions. Intel Security Group sets the stage for new levels of collaboration and innovation and will drive leadership in the industry by providing ubiquitous security and identity protection for people and businesses worldwide.