Intel PSG is seeking a highly motivated, hands-on Application Engineer to support high-end design engagements at key customers. The focus is to work with customers to meet their performance metrics on Intel’s leading edge FPGA technology.
As an Applications Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting Intel PSG sales teams to make major accounts successful by providing technical expertise, guidance, design optimizations and issue resolution for customer design projects.
Your specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
Inside this Business Group
The successful candidate's minimum qualifications will include the following:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Hands-on ASIC and/or FPGA design experience
- Excellent understanding of timing concepts and timing constraints
- Excellent Verilog and/or VHDL RTL coding skills including experience with RTL code optimizations for timing closure
- Good presentation- and interpersonal skills; ability to work well within teams, including virtual teams, and, being self-motivated are essential characteristics of the successful candidate
- Proven track record of working directly with customers
- Some travel is required
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.