Responsibilities may be quite diverse of a software technical nature. Experience and education requirements will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the job. Job assignments are usually for the summer or for short periods during breaks from school.
The Intel Omni-Path Fabric Group within the Datacenter Group is looking for a intern to join the software team as a Fabric Software Development Intern to develop state-of-the-art fabric products for High Performance Computing (HPC). HPC is being used today to help solve some of the world's most challenging scientific needs, including fusion energy, biomedical research, physics, as well as traditional engineering such as aeronautic and automotive engineering. Our products are installed in some of the world's largest HPC clusters.The candidate will be part of a fast-paced software engineering team working closely with architects. The main job will center on software development of Intel's fabric communications libraries and programming models.
Inside this Business Group
-Candidate must be pursuing a Master's, or Ph. D. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
-1 year experience or coursework in the following areas:
- Systems programming experience in 'C' or 'C++'
- Omni-Path, InfiniBand or another HPC interconnects
- User Space Libraries and APIs in HPC software stacks
- Read and understand Linux user and kernel level network protocol code
- Software development tools and scripting in a Linux environment, including git source control
California, Santa Clara;