The Health & Life Sciences Group (HLS) is a global industry leadership organization dedicated to growing the Data Center Group revenue in the Health & Life Science sector. Guided by the simple but profound vision of making Personal Health a reality for billions of people worldwide, HLS owns and leads Intel’s DCG strategy to drive and deliver solutions that enable the global build-out of health & life science infrastructure and innovations.
Role & RESPONSIBILITIES
As we grow Intel’s HLS business, we are seeking an outstanding healthcare strategist, business development executive, and general manager to be General Manager of Data Exchange and Genomics. This leader will help transform the health and life sciences sector by deploying Intel Architecture-based Data Exchange and Genomics platform solutions in key areas like Life Sciences and Pharmaceuticals. She or he will orchestrate the various parts of Intel—from public policy to R&D to sales to standards activities—to help scale open solutions that reduce the costs, complexity, and transform care to more personalized and data-driven models.
The GM Data Exchange and Genomics will report to GM Health and Life Sciences, and will be responsible for following tasks:
Inside this Business Group
The accomplished individual will preferably have demonstrated success in an existing GM role and have a history of accomplishments that demonstrates outstanding results in each of the following areas.
Track Record of Industry Leadership
• Ecosystem Leader: Created and led ecosystem efforts, such as research collaborations, consortia, alliances, working groups, standards, etc.
• External Recognition: Is a recognized Genomics / Precision Medicine industry thought leader with multiple examples of presenting at executive-level conferences, seminars, workshops, keynotes and press mentions. Is called upon to formally sit on advisory boards, or informally consult and advise at the highest levels of government, non-profit, and/or commercial firms.
• Solutions: Direct work experience involving the creation of new solutions to an end-user need and requiring the pulling together of multiple products and vendors to deliver the solution. Knowledge of product/solutions life cycle management is a plus
• Scaling–out thru local ecosystem uniqueness: Direct experience at scaling solutions through systems integrators, software developers, and other channels to multiply a single solution effort into 10s or 100s of follow-on deployments driven primarily by partners or channel.
• Strategic Action Leader: Developed and led company-wide accomplishment of strategic objectives for competitive products and revenue.
• Diligent Orchestrator: Worked across business unit silos and geographic territories, ensured that business units were resourced, informed and working together as "one company" to meet growth objectives in the healthcare vertical.
Deep Expertise in genomics or data exchange domains:
• Domain knowledge: Direct working experience in genomics, life science or data exchange, such as life science research and IT technology vendor ecosystem
• Insight to action: Multiple examples of seizing opportunities that resulted from the convergence of trends across domains.
• Passion: Has an ongoing passion for HLS and a burning desire to learn and grow in all of the ways that will be needed to succeed and thrive at a global, horizontal company at a senior level as a vertical domain expert.
Exquisite People & Stakeholder Management Skills:
• Stakeholders: Lives and breathes a win-win-win attitude and approach to stakeholder, partner, fellow-traveler relationships. Has examples of partnerships gone bad where the relationships were maintained.
• C-Level, Minister Capable: Experienced and comfortable with the C-Suite and Minister level dialogue & relationship.
• Direct & Matrix Staff: Extensive experience successfully leading in matrix environments where weak or no formal ‘lines’ compel support of staff. Creates a collaborative team spirit across direct and matrixed staff. Has many examples of direct staff mentored, managed or coached who achieve career leaps as a result.
• Master’s degree or greater is desired in life sciences field or business
California, Santa Clara;